I find it fascinating how social platforms have grown; they really have had an exponential growth in terms of membership, usage and popularity. Here are some latest statistics on Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube that you would want to take into account if you want to stay on top.
1. 43% of all online consumers are social media fans or followers.
2. 53% of small businesses are using social media.
3. Google+ is adding 625,000 new users every day. Google+ is Google's social network and will feature heavily in Google searches in the future – a good reason to be on there.
4. Pinterest drives more referral traffic than YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn combined.
5. Pinterest receives 1.3 million visitors per day.
6. Facebook has 901 million users.
7. There are 37 million Facebook fan pages with 10+ likes.
8. For every 5 pages viewed online, 1 is from Facebook.
9. 20 minutes are spent on each visit to Facebook.
10. The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
11. 250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook daily.
12. 1 million accounts are added to Twitter every day.
13. 36% of Twitter users tweet daily.
14. 175 million tweets are sent every day.
15. 54% of Twitter users use Twitter on their mobile devices.
16. The average visit on Twitter lasts for 14 minutes.
17. 40% of Twitter users regularly search for products via Twitter.
18. 750 tweets per second are shared on Twitter.
19. If Twitter was a country, it would be the 12th largest country in the world.
20. 30% of Twitter users have an income of more than $100,000.
21. Twitter handles more search queries per month than Bing and Yahoo combined (24 billion versus 4.1 billion and 9.4 billion respectively).
22. A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
23. LinkedIn has 161 million members in more than 200 countries and communities.
24. Members are on track to make more than 5.3 billion searches on the platform in 2012.
25. LinkedIn’s revenue has doubled every quarter for the last two years.
26. There are more than one million LinkedIn groups.
27. Every hour over 4 years' worth of video is uploaded to YouTube. By 2013, 90% of all traffic on the internet will be on video.
28. The most watched video is Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance, with 470 million views.
29. The most watched non-commercial video is Charlie Bit My Finger Again, with over 458 million views.
30. The average visitor spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube.
Statistics from Compete, Twitter Press Centre, Social Times, CNN.